Search this blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Bacon cob!

I went to the Rocks by Rail Museum today expecting to be reunited with the lawn mower. Instead we had an influx of visitors early on and three were asking if the cafe was open and could they have bacon cobs. For anyone reading this wondering what a bacon cob is it is a bread roll with fried bacon and it is almost a national dish in the UK! Ever the obliging I volunteered in the absence of our normal cafe culinary guru to make them. Well that started it didn't it! Once the smell of bacon gets in the air everyone wants one. I ended up making 16 plus about 30 cups of tea and coffee. They seemed to go down well with no complaints. However the time taking to cook, wash up and clean up meant that before I knew it the time was 3pm so no grass cutting today! Unfortunately I have volunteered to cover the cafe on Thursday so there will be more bacon cobs to cook!

I did however grab a few minutes before leaving to do one of those unique things that railway modellers can not very often do. This is Graham the 0-4-0 Sentinel made by Hornby following them measuring up the loco at the museum.

Hornby Sentinel

As I highlighted in a post a few days ago, the real Graham is undergoing maintenance but that did not stop me posing my model of Graham on the real Graham!

Hornby Sentinel

Hornby Sentinel

Back at WMD HQ I had a few minutes to give a coat of primer to the turret of the MiniArt Egyptian T34 tank. Hopefully some final colour will go on during the next few days. Now it is time to cook dinner - bacon cobs Mrs. Woody?

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank


No comments:

Post a Comment