Search this blog

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Taking stock.

A busy day at the Rocks by Rail Museum where my culinary skills were put to use again in providing snacks and beverages to our visitors. The day continued busy with other things so no model making time at all. However I did have time to take stock of what is on the WMD workbench so to speak.

Anyone having read this blog will have no doubt deduced that I jump from project to project with several on the go at any one time and glacial progress in their completion. Those with any sense of organisation will no doubt shake their head at my unorganised World. However I do on occasions take stock of where I am and make plans to actually move projects on and finish them. This is usually initiated by me realising my working area is becoming a tip! In this case though my whole Man Cave AKA The Room of Gloom is also becoming a tip. Now whilst Mrs. W rarely visits the WMD HQ nerve center to make comment on the state of my domain I do have some pride - honest!

At the moment I am getting close to finishing my build of the MiniArt Egyptian T34 tank. However on the side lines still awaiting finishing is the Heller Scania 144 LB It is so near to being finished and yet I have left it sitting there awaiting the final work on the cab.

Heller Scania 141 LB

Then there is the 009 narrow gauge layout which again is so close to being finished. The various sub assemblies that I have worked on for the last six months need a little bit more work and then mounting to the baseboard and the track needs ballasting. A few other details added would see that substantially finished.

Then there is the 00 gauge layout - My Last Great Project - which whilst I can run trains round it is a long way off being finished and yet it is the central part of much of my modelling interest in railways.  

So my main aim over the next few weeks is to get the two kits and the 009 narrow gauge layout complete and then have a good sort out and tidy up. Once done I should feel rejuvenated to get on with My Last Great Project.  That is my plan in the calm of my mind away from WMD HQ but you never know where that plan will be at when I have time to take stock again!


No comments:

Post a Comment