Search this blog

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Starting the watering season!

A day of gardening here at WMD HQ taking advantage of the warm weather. Today saw the main flower bed planted out which was a task and a half as despite all the recent rain the ground is rock hard. A combination of watering, compost and sheer determination saw about ten trays of home grown plants set out, planted and watered. No idea how it will all look if they survive. I am no Alan Titchmarsh in gardening knowledge but if it all comes out green with some coloured flowers I will be happy and I am sure Mrs. woody will be - especially since she did not have to plant them!

Gardening

Gardening

Of course this now means that I have additional watering duties every day!

I did take the occasional break - important when it is hot outside as I have informed Mrs. W to justify the breaks - and managed to undercoat the cab parts to the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck. The same grey that I used for the chassis was used and will be ideal for the green top coat.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

It certainly looks a little less plastic and toy like with the grey applied. Hopefully with the warm weather it will dry fairly quickly. At least I don't need to water it!

No comments:

Post a Comment