Search this blog

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Sunday spray!

It is Sunday so it is a day to spray - for me anyway! The spraying I am talking about is more colour added to parts of the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck which is progressing.

The cab is now a satisfactory glossy green following the issues I experienced earlier.


Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Whilst the gloss green was in the airbrush I also sprayed up the drop sides of the cargo body. The canvas will be a slightly different shade of green when I get round to painting it.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

The gearbox has also been painted green having masked up the join with the engine giving a bit of a contrast to the grey of the engine block.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

I have also been busy with the black paint. Many of the parts will be sprayed aluminum or silver so the black is the ideal undercoat. There are a few parts such as the radiator and air intake which will remain black.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

A day at the Rocks By Rail Museum tomorrow with a quarry operating day where I have been posted as a shunter which means I will be shattered by 4pm! Given that I think all this paint will be having an additional day to dry as I will probably be asleep on the sofa tomorrow evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment