Search this blog

Friday, May 26, 2023

The heat got to me!

Over the past few months I have complained about the miserable cold and wet weather so this week I have really been enjoying the much warmer and sunnier times especially out cycling and in the garden but I think I might have over done it! Did not feel particularly brilliant today and a 22 mile bike ride felt more like one of the 100 mile time trials I used to ride many years ago! Seeing how I have caught the sun during the week I think that may have something to do with it. I will inform Mrs. Woody that I will need to cut down on gardening for health reasons! However, if I do tell her that I will actually have a higher risk to my health from her reaction then from the sun! 

Hopefully I have now acclimatised to the warmer weather so I can continue to enjoy it and get out more on the bike (and garden) to take in sights like these which were on my cycling route this morning. 

Grantham Canal

Grantham Canal

I really do appreciate I am lucky to have such sights near to me.

Venturing out to the Man Cave this evening saw the various interior panels for the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck given an overall coat of light grey which appears to be the spec to these trucks from my internet trawling. The greyness will be broken up here and there with a splash of colour once I get my interior design hat on. Talking of hats maybe I should have worn a hat this week to keep me cool? More to the point a hard hat for when Mrs. W finds the gardening not done!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck


No comments:

Post a Comment