Search this blog

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

The inspector calls!

Rocks By Rail Museum today which did see me grass cutting but not a lot as I had to take care of some guests and then this afternoon take a tour of the local area putting some banners up roadside to advertise the Museum's next event this coming May Bank Holiday.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Before I did leave I had to go and see what was happening with this loco. It was having a boiler inspector - hence the inspector calls.

Rocks by Rail Museum

 To do the inspection a lot of the loco has to be stripped out.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Being over the pit I could not resist having a look! One of the bonuses of being a volunteer!

Rocks by Rail Museum

And a peek in the cab!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Those strips of metal on the ground to the left of the loco are the fire grate which all had to come out.

Rocks by Rail Museum

I have no doubt it will pass but I had to leave before the inspection was complete. However I did have a few minutes to pop my hjead in the restoration workshop where that pile of timber from last week that will make up the body of a new wagon is still being painted by the ever patient john!

Rocks by Rail Museum

First it was a wood treatment, now a grey primer and then a grey top coat. I am betting John wishes another painter would call!

Rocks by Rail Museum




No comments:

Post a Comment