Search this blog

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Time for something new!

It was a great day with warm weather just right for a bike ride or indeed two and some gardening. I also had the urge to start something new model making wise. The Tamiya Puma is nearly done but I really need several hours in one go to finish the weathering which I did not have today. So, something that has been lurking in the Man Cave for some time - I think several years actually, was unearthed.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

It is a big box with a lot of kit in it!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

I did not have a great deal of time but wanted something to show for my hour or so. Therefore I did what I always say don't and ignored the instructions! I have built similar kits in the past so I do know what you can build without causing an issue later on. Both the cab and the canvas cargo bed are such items. The cab exterior can be built without the interior which can also be built separately and slid in later. Building these two items first also means I can start the painting process early on.

From all those parts below there are only five main cab parts that are needed to get the basic cab together.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Likewise the canvas cargo bed is made up of six main parts. I have not glued the top on yet just in case I need to get inside to strengthen a joint.

It is a big beast as the 15cm/6 inch ruler illustrates. Going to take a lot of paint!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck

No comments:

Post a Comment