Search this blog

Friday, May 12, 2023

Bollard Crowns!

A day out for WMD saw me heading to a talk at a local railway society. Really good talk with a lot of photos from the 1950s, 60s and 70s of the East Coast Main Line from York to the north of Scotland at Wick and Thurso. The photos of steam engines made me want to get my 00 gauge steamers out but that will have to wait a while yet. 

If you have read this blog before about a year or so ago I posted about post boxes having knitted Easter bunnies (here) and knitted crowns for the Queen's jubilee (here). Whilst walking to the venue for the talk I came across these.

Bollard Crowns

Bollard Crowns

There were about 25 to 30 of these what I will term as Bollard Crowns that I could see so there was certainly an investment in time by who ever made them but they looked brilliant!

Back at WMD HQ the steering box of the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck received some attention. This is the item and it needs some surgery to 'reverse' it.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck,

Mr. Saw came out to cut the parts that needed reversing.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck,

With the reversing completed the brackets from the chassis that are used to mount the steering box were sawn off and mounted onto a replication of the existing reinforcing plate on the chassis. The glue needs to harden and then it should be ready to mount on the chassis. It will make sense once finished!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck,

Meanwhile the overlength propshaft has been rebuilt. I cut off one part and substituted it with some plastic tube. That way the smaller middle part could slide in and give the right length of shaft - working smarter not harder as I get older! If only Mrs. Woody believed that!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck,


No comments:

Post a Comment