Search this blog

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Maybe not as simple a job as I first thought?

My idea to convert the Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck may not be as simple as I first thought! Now it is not unusual for Woody to underestimate things as Mrs. Woody will confirm. The front steering axle has had the various linkages for the steering redone without too many issues but the idea that I had that the steering box fastened to the chassis would just involve gluing it to the other chassis rail was shattered when I actually looked at how it attaches. There is a moulded on reinforcement plate and two mounting tubes that I either need to cut out and transfer or scratch build a replacement. One to ponder over tonight!

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck 12

Putting the rear axles in place I found that unusually the joining propshaft between the two is actually slightly too long which goes contra to my experience with other Italeri kits where the shaft is too short. Not too difficult to sort but will be time consuming.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck 12

The engine and gearbox are coming along and almost ready for paint. A few moulding sinkholes that needed filling but mostly the parts have gone together well.

Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck 12

The chassis as a whole is beginning to look interesting and more truck like with various parts being added but it is not the simple job that I first thought! I never learn!
 
Italeri DAF 95 Canvas Truck 12


No comments:

Post a Comment