Search this blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Vegetation Butchery and the art of rusted bolt removal - another day at Rocks By Rail Museum!

 Back at the Rocks By Rail Museum - only seems like yesterday when I was last there. Oh it was! Today back to mowing and hedge trimming. My corded hedge trimmers at home broke so I bought a cordless set that I have now tested at the Museum - they work well! Too well probably as I have been asked to trim more hedges!

Starting my vegetation butchery....
 
Rocks by Rail Museum

The results - it may not be Chelsea Flower show garden standard but its now under control and looks wider with the hedges trimmed back.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Whilst I was butchering vegetation, John was performing more technical processes in the restoration shed. The art of removing a rusted bolt - one large hammer and a cold chisel. It works!

Rocks by Rail Museum

As work continues on restoring the Shark brake van, John sweeps up the remains of some of it following his various 'removal' processes!

Rocks by Rail Museum


No comments:

Post a Comment