Search this blog

Saturday, March 26, 2022

A reflective day.

My Mum, had she still been alive, would have been 92 today. Her Birthday and Mothers Day normally feel within days of each other. A visit to her grave and my Dad's today saw flowers laid on both but for my Mum both for her birthday and Mothers day and a time for reflection for me. I am not going to go into all sorts of details of my personal reflections other than my lessons in life have told me to be glad for health, life, friends and live each day as fully as you can  - oh and keep on model making no matter how bad that latest project goes! Yes! I can be philosophical on occasions!

Model making does offer that ability to escape into a World of your own making where you set the rules and create what you want - lovely! And on that note, I had an hour this evening progressing the T80 tank which now has its various tools painted and installed, the exhaust undercoated in a base of rust paint and  the decals that come with the kit applied to the turret. The tracks have also been given an airbrushing of black and now await some rusty type paint. I still think these tracks will be giving me problems (which they have done from when I started the kit last year) when I come to put them on the tank but on reflection the rest of the build has not been too bad. Maybe that break from building it has let me see it in a new light.

MiniArt 35243 T-80 SOVIET LIGHT TANK

MiniArt 35243 T-80 SOVIET LIGHT TANK


No comments:

Post a Comment