Search this blog

Friday, March 25, 2022

London double decker bus.

This morning it was a bike ride with good friend Mr. Beecham, he off modelling and cycling skills beyond mine! However my weight advantage still plays in my favour going downhill and as I said to Mr. B, he either needs to be more streamline or put some weight on to keep up with me downhill! However he did have the last laugh leaving me looking like an over sized load going up the hills! Going out with Mr. B always results in one of us finding something that we didn't know about. Today it was my turn to be surprised by finding out about two ex London Transport double decker buses in a farm yard in Leicestershire. I have cycled through the village on a regular basis but never knew about these hidden away down a back road but Mr. B did and guided me to a spot where I could at least see them from a distance.

London Double decker bus

London Double decker bus

We also had a look at the local church which was a fantastic building - again hidden away.

Harston Church

Harston Church

A bit more riding saw us at a suitable sausage cob selling establishment - delicious! Obviously the weather drew out a lot of cyclists and I have never seen so many cyclists in the area - they say cycling is the new golf!

Back at WMD HQ the T80 tank has received both a primer coat and top coat of paint which is making it look as though it might actually get finished! I do have a double decker bus kit in my stash of kits to build - today might have brought that up the list to be built!

MiniArt 35243 T-80 SOVIET LIGHT TANK

MiniArt 35243 T-80 SOVIET LIGHT TANK



No comments:

Post a Comment