Search this blog

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Anyone order snow?

I was supposed to have a day at the Rocks by Rail Museum today but waking up this morning it was obvious that even if I went there was not a lot I could do outside apart from get wet and cold as this photo from WMD HQ illustrates.

Snow

I used the opportunity to catch up with some home jobs and I even managed to get out on my bike this afternoon for a few miles before being caught in a snow storm and headed for home. This months mileage is 539 bringing the years total up to 1315 miles. I did loose two days this month when it rained but apart from that I have ben out every day this year so I ma pleased.

Model wise I have managed to work on the cab of the Scania 143H and I was lucky enough to get the decals off which I wanted to and save the ones I wised to keep as well as get the cab front panel securely glued in place and hopefully without the need to respray the cab. Result! I will need to respray the side deflectors and reattach them but that is a small job compared to respraying the cab. As I said in a previous post, sometimes you just have to put a project that is going wrong away for some time and come back to it with a fresh mind. I still need to reattach the roof panel but with the wonders of BluTac I will able to mock the cab up on the chassis to see how it all looked without the original decals.

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

I think it works!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment