Search this blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

One of those days!

A wet, cold and miserable day when I just could not get going with anything! We all have them and my day didn't even see me get out on my bike - the first time this year. Still I have managed 787 miles this year with 776 up to February so I guess I cannot grumble!

I did manage to do a bit of model making with the making of a base for the Dapol Service Station on the 000 narrow gauge layout and a forecourt laid out in what is supposed to be gravel. This was common for rural areas back in the 60s and 70s so hopefully looks the part. All I did was spread PVA glue in the required areas and then cover it with some kiln dry sand which gives a good representation of gravel.

The handy thing with having separate sub-bases is that you can move them off the layout and work on them in the comfort of the workbench.

009 gauge layout

The gravel laid and looking a bit more finished.

009 gauge layout

Hopefully tomorrow I will be a bit more energised. In the meantime I will have to explain to Mrs. W why those jobs on her list didn't get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment