Search this blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

We are where we are!

We are where we are is a phrase that a great boss of mine used to sum up a situation. Pointless in moaning about the past and the best way forward was to take on todays problem not yesterdays! That is what I had to do with the Scania 143H model which yesterday had a few setbacks whilst I was trying to fit the front panel to the main cab. In brief the part did not quite fit so I tried to use masking tape to pull it into position. The tape did not do the job and pulled off part of the decals. Ouch!

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

In addition whilst trying to pull things around I managed to push the side windows in on both sides as well as break one of the side spoilers off. All the windows also got stained by a super glue accelerator that I sprayed on to get the glue to set. The decals will be hard to solve but I have a plan which will be reveled if it works or even if it doesn't!!!! Here at WMD HQ you get it warts and all! The windows have been polished and most of the staining is removed but they will never be super clear but hey ho! One of the windows is now back in and having shaved part of the interior parts down to enable the front panel to properly fit it is now in place. I need to wait until glue properly sets so this will be a repair in stages but hopefully the end result will pass muster from a distance! 

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

On the T80 tank the wheels have been painted green and now need the tyres painted in a rubber coloured paint . The exhaust and engine vent grill have also been fitted which is all positive progress. If that continues when I come to fit the tracks, which I had so many problems with as described last year, I will be grateful! So this is where I am today!

MiniArt 35243 T-80 SOVIET LIGHT TANK


No comments:

Post a Comment