Search this blog

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Having recovered from the Spalding Model railway Exhibition yesterday I have had time to look through the photos that I took. The quality of the layouts and the trade support were the best yet. Not sure whether attendance was down on my last visit but it never seemed crowded which was nice.

Layout wise I will just deal with two at the moment which caught my eye.

You could not help but be impressed by this 009 gauge layout that had come up from Dorset with the Wimborne Railway Society’s ‘OO9’ Tarrant Valley Railway.  I have never seen an 009 layout this long - 43feet! Packed with all sorts of details, its building spans several decades - almost makes me hopeful of completing my layouts!

Spalding Model Railway Exhibition 2023

Always good to see some humour on a layout and this submarine conning tower sticking out of a river made me smile!

Spalding Model Railway Exhibition 2023

Spalding Model Railway Exhibition 2023

Spalding Model Railway Exhibition 2023

The other layout was this 0n30 layout. Pergatory Peak, which is 0 gauge running on 00 gauge track giving a narrow gauge - if that makes sense! An extraordinary layout which captured the Colorado setting so well. There are some photos below but a video clip might just illustrate this 24 foot long layout better.






Spalding Model Railway Exhibition 2023,

Spalding Model Railway Exhibition 2023,

Spalding Model Railway Exhibition 2023,

Spalding Model Railway Exhibition 2023,

Spalding Model Railway Exhibition 2023,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment