Search this blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Another success - Amazingly!

Another success and I say amazingly because something normally goes wrong but the Hornby Class 86 in Virgin livery now is DCC chipped and works! I had it running on the layout hauling four coaches. It tends to wheel spin with more but these are old Hornby coaches which are not the best at free running.

I do like the livery and it was one of those iconic liveries that came about at initial privatisation of the UK rail industry. You never know there may be some more come and join it but don't tell Mrs. Woody!

Hornby Class 86 Virgin livery

Hornby Class 86 Virgin livery

Hornby Class 86 Virgin livery

With that project finished it is time to return to other half finished projects of which I have many! First off though is the Peco Manyways Signal Box kit. I had posed the various parts together to give the impression of a finished building but they need gluing together and some more painting is required. I have at least made a start!

PECO Signal Box Kit

And this is it!

PECO Signal Box Kit









No comments:

Post a Comment