Search this blog

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Profiles!


Not my profile, you just don't want to know about that, but today it was time to make some profile boards for the baseboard at the end of layout. 3mm ply was the choice of material to match the profile boards on the dropped baseboard section.  First I cut the ply roughly to shape and mounted the three profiles to the baseboard.

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

With the profiles in place I was able to mark around them with a pencil the shape of the hills. Taking them off again a jig saw was used to cut the hill shapes. As I don't know what exactly I am going to do to the right of the bridge I have left the board at full size. Once decided, and with me that could take some time, that part of the profile will be cut to shape.

With the boards cut to shape they were painted both sides with the Slate Grey paint I used on the other profile boards and then reattached to the baseboards. Although there is still much to do around the girder bridge area the profile boards do bring some harmony to the layout.

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

 

No comments:

Post a Comment