Search this blog

Saturday, November 25, 2023

3D Printed Maintenance loco No 6 - The build begins!

 I was keen to get on with the 3D printed locos that I described the other day. I now have the necessary parts - 3 Kato chassis and two Peco wagon chassis.

3D Printed Maintenance loco No 6

First thing was to fit the chassis to the body. The two n gauge couplings on the Kato chassis need to come off which is a simple job. Whilst I had the parts from this I took one of the springs to replace the one I had taken from an n gauge wagon that I had removed to put in my 009 gauge loco. There is some logic in all that! 
3D Printed Maintenance loco No 6

The spring was quickly replaced so that is one job out of the way!

3D Printed Maintenance loco No 6

3D Printed Maintenance loco No 6

To get the chassis to fit I needed to remove some of the inside of the body which was done with my scalpel.

3D Printed Maintenance loco No 6

With that done the chassis fitted and putting the loco on its wheels revealed that it stood nice and level - amazing for any thing that I have fitted!


3D Printed Maintenance loco No 6

3D Printed Maintenance loco No 6

That might be it but having proved that the chassis fits I now need to convert it to DCC which is going to be interesting!



No comments:

Post a Comment