Search this blog

Friday, December 2, 2022

Nearly there!

Yes! Nearly there with the two viaducts on my 00 gauge layout. everything is built apart from the end parapet supports which will have to wait until the viaducts are finally ion position as I think they will need altering to fit. The viaducts have also received a dose of weathering to make them look less like they were built last month and more like they have suffered decades of hard life - just like me! Only thing is I have done it naturally over the years as Mrs. Woody highlights as she smiles with no wrinkles!

The weathering has been done with an airbrush to highlight various areas where dirt would make itself known. Firstly I used a very dilute light grey and then a dilute earth brown. No real art to it although the experts would be able to do a far better job but for me I am happy that both structures now look somewhat more aged than before I graffitied them! 

This is what it looked like in mid October.

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,

Six weeks later (is it that long???)

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,


Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,

Still more to do with the weathering using some weathering powders and a few parts of the landscape to tidy up as well as fastening the road and canal down but certainly getting towards putting the track back!

No comments:

Post a Comment