Search this blog

Friday, December 16, 2022

WMD HQ gets a moat!

As the old saying goes, every Englishman's home is his castle. Well despite Mrs. Woody and the cats probably having a greater call on the house then me I never the less think of it as my castle. And now, it has a moat! Well not a full blown moat but the foundation dig out is complete and the ground water is beginning to fill the trench so it does look like a moat!

Conservatory rebuild

Conservatory rebuild

The concrete was supposed to be poured today to provide the footings but apparently the -6C overnight froze the concrete plant so nothing was coming out of it. It is now scheduled for Tuesday ay which point the UK will be basking in 10C to 15C so it will be almost like a heat wave - I hope!

With everything going on at the moment there has not been much time to do any model making but I did grab a few moments to start dealing with the canvas cover to the cargo bed of the Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier. The kit has several parts that provide the uprights to support the canopy above the caro bad but looking at these some where warped and all looked a little fragile..

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier,

 I took the decision to replace them with some sturdy brass wire so the ten required were cut to length.

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier,

These were superglued to the canopy and it now awaits fitting to the cargo bed.

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier,

I am hoping to get some more done over the weekend unless of course the weather improves so much that I need to mow what is left of my lawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment