Search this blog

Thursday, December 1, 2022

Road closed!

 Out on my bike ride this morning I found my route subject to a road closure. No road works causing the closure but a group of swans who had probably decided being out of the canal water was warmer than being in it and the road was the perfect place to warm up. Only problem was that they were not willing to share it! As I approached they showed their aggitation!

Swan

Having stopped they went back into guard mode. I was not going to risk my wellbeing or bodily extremities by going any further so turned back! 

Swan

Having survived the potential swan incident I returned to the relative warmth of WMD HQ where some progress was made on the viaducts. One viaduct now has all its parapets and capping stones which makes a visual difference and brings this long ongoing project a step forward to finishing. Maybe by the weekend I might be able to get some track back in place and actually see some trains running. That is unless Mrs. Woody has other ideas for my time.

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,

 I also added the cosmetic stones around the underside of the arches to hide the join between two parts.

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit,

There is a gap as I have not fully bedded the viaduct in yet. It is getting tight so I don't want to damage anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment