Search this blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

All change at WMD HQ!

My World at WMD HQ is somewhat different today! Yesterday saw the commencement of Mrs. Woody's biggest item on her chore list. The old and somewhat decrepit conservatory that I called the cat conservatory as it became the go to place for the WMD HQ fleet of felines and has been standing since I understand 1972 is no more!

Being sensible I know my limits and although 20 years ago I would have done the whole job myself  this time I have called in the professionals! Being smarter and keeping my body relatively healthy and injury free in my old age! In addition having someone else do the job means there is a good chance it actually gets finished!

Conservatory rebuild

After a few hours it was no more! Not only that but the small but the back breaking saving machines have arrived. They are going to make quick work of digging the new foundations! They left me the keys too! 

Conservatory rebuild

I never thought that these machines would fit down the narrow path at the side of the house but.....

Conservatory rebuild

The guys are coming back at the end of the week. Apparently their current job is causing them problems with frozen sand and gravel. Allk the more reason why I have let them do the job!

Meanwhile the house is in a bit of a mess with stuff having to be moved although part of the feline fleet seem happy with their new vista and lounging arrangements.

Conservatory rebuild

Despite spending much time trying to get some semblance of order back in the house I did get a few minutes on the Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier kit. I made up the front wheels so I could get all six wheels on the chassis to see if I could solve the issues I talked about yesterday with one of the rear wheels standing in the air. I have managed to slice the rear spring from the chassis so I should be able to get all the wheels on the ground with some manipulation. 

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

Initial posing looks promising. It will be interesting to see if I finish this build before the building work is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment