Search this blog

Monday, December 19, 2022

Hot? Well at least it is warmer!

At last the warmer weather arrived today after yesterdays disappointment. Yay! For the first time in twelve days I actually managed to get out on my bike. The strong wind and the lack of recent pedaling activity made the 14 miles feel more like 140. Just 44 more to do to get to that 6000 miles total target for the year. 

Back at WMD HQ, following recent works on digging foundations, the outside resembles a mud quarry after a particularly wet day with added additional mud added just for even greater muddiness. Nice! Much of this unfortunately has been traipsed into the house, mainly by me, which as can be imagined has not gone down well with certain others at WMD HQ! Today I did think it best to have a major clean of floors which has at least meant I no longer risk slipping up inside.

There was time to do a bit more on the Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier and I needed to finish the cab in order to get it mounted to the chassis. There are several control levers in the cab including the gear shifter as well as others which I guess are related to the 4 wheel drive system and the winch which some trucks were fitted with at the front. On this part built kit there was the gear shifter and one other lever in the bag of bits so two levers were missing and the holes in the floor needed filling with replacements.

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

Some suitable plastic rod was cut to size.

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

With theses glued into place and set aside to dry I turned my attention to the hood and fenders ( I use the American terms as this is a truck from the USA) and fitted the lights. Fortunately these were still attached to the sprue but disappointingly the main headlights had big sink holes in the lenses. 

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

I dabbed some filler into the offending holes and then fitted them and the other light units onto the fenders. The photo below shows both the lights and cab located levers fitted.

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

Just to make sure the lights were correctly positioned I temporarily put the grill into place. It looked OK. In fact it takes on a whole new look - very beefy.

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

I did have company today with young Monty actually not being his usual inquisitive destructive self but just lying there watching me - most unusual! Then he needed a scratch just as I took the photo! He must have been getting hot in this warm weather.

Monty cat



No comments:

Post a Comment