Search this blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Siding up!

My mind was brought to reality today. From yesterday when it was in the warmth of Arizona today saw it in the cold of the outside at the Rocks by Rail Museum. In the relative warmth of the workshop John was scraping paint off the inside of the LMS brake van ready for a repaint which should complete that project. It is a messy job and there are literally layers of old paint to remove.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Meanwhile Rob is fettling parts of the interior of the cab of Sundew which is the last remaining part of the huge walkling dragline excavator that operated in a local quarry.

Rocks by Rail Museum

this original picture shows what the interior looked like fresh out of the factory.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Back in the cold outside I did some siding up - cutting back the moss and grass that has over the years overgrown the hard standing areas. A nice rewarding job as you get a big visual hit from your efforts.

THis is what I started out with.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Some of what I was doing.

Rocks by Rail Museum

The finished result - I like that!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Back at WMD HQ I also like this video of my Last Great Project 00 gauge layout. At least the landscaping on my layout wont need siding up!



No comments:

Post a Comment