Search this blog

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Back to the Museum!

Much as Mrs. Woody has threatened to put me in a museum in the past for my archaic ideas, I do actually venture into a Museum voluntarily on a regular basis. In this case the Rocks By Rail Museum where I am a volunteer and I cannot believe it is now only a few weeks before it is open for the 2024 season. During the closed winter months there are still many things going on and work on various projects proceeds such as the repainting of Harriot the JCB. Although the last painting she saw was just before Christmas I did manage to get some more rust ground off and some more primer painted on meaning this project is coming closer to completion. This is no complete strip down restoration - more of a tidy up and make presentable from a distance of probably 50 meters! Today I was still working on the back actor. Starting off with a lot of rust...

Rocks by Rail Museum

The angle grinder ans sanding pads saw some shiny metal emerge.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Then that shiny metal was covered in grey primer. Makes it all look a lot cleaner.

Rocks by Rail Museum

The afternoon saw the move of the roofing panels for the new plant shed from the bottom of the site to the upper part. Unfortunately, they are that wide that the CAT could not get them through the gaps on the slope up to the new shed so we had to transfer them into a van.
Rocks by Rail Museum

With a strap around the end the load is ready for its short but epic trip up the yard!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Good job we had that strap on!

Rocks by Rail Museum

And this is what they are destined to roof.

Rocks by Rail Museum

All panels safely delivered!

Rocks by Rail Museum

One thing that did worry me as I looked in through the soon to be roofed plant shed door was this noose! Failure is not an option! I am sure it is there for an alternative use though.... like hanging your hammer or lunch from! Wonder if Mrs. W has had anything to do with this? Think I will keep out of that shed in the future just in case as that really would be putting me in a museum!

Rocks by Rail Museum


No comments:

Post a Comment