Search this blog

Monday, January 29, 2024

On track to complete!

The Trumpeter  L/15 Mörser "Bär" is nearly complete with the main components left to finish it being the tracks. I was aware that the kit supplied tracks are the 'rubber band' type but I must admit having got them out of the box I was a bit disappointed in the quality. They are not the best tracks I have had in a kit and probably rate as the worse! The rubber is not particularly pliable and the jointing of the ends is not the best. Superglue appears to be the only adhesive that will bond the ends so that is what I have used. 

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär",

As they come in the kit they are moulded in a black rubber that requires painting so I gave them an initial coating of grey.

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär",

Once dry the grey was overcoated with a thin coat of Vallejo rust paint. It will tone down with some weathering powders. 

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär",

I have a feeling that fitting them is not going to be without problems but that is for another day. In the meantime I am thinking positive thoughts that I am indeed on track to complete the model!

No comments:

Post a Comment