Search this blog

Friday, January 26, 2024

Time to get dirty and spotted!

I did get rather dirty yesterday at the Rocks By Rail Museum with all the dust and debris from the angle grinding rust and paint removal from Harriot the JCB. Mrs. Woody almost refused me entry back into WMD HQ until I had cleaned up! Having satisfied Mrs. W that I had at least dusted myself down and was no longer a dirt threat,  I eventually managed t get some time in the Man Cave. Continuing on the theme of getting dirty I added some weathering/dirt to the L/15 Mörser "Bär". In addition, as the practice was with German three tone camouflage schemes, I added spots and dabs of contrasting colours to the already applied paint. It looks a bit like an attack of measles with all those spots but with some more weathering it will all blend in together.

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär"

The wheels have had an initial weathering with a wash of dilute brown paint. As the picture below shows there are a lot of wheels so this weathering took some time as there are obviously two sides to each wheel!

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär"

A close up comparison of an none and weathered wheel. That wash certainly 'pops' the details on the wheel such as the bolt detail. It may take some time to get dirty and spotted but it is worth it - for the tank anyway!

time to get dirty and spotted

 

No comments:

Post a Comment