Search this blog

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Going light!

After yesterdays going dark session in which the Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär" was undercoated in black today, despite the weather going dark with the arrival of Storm Jocelyn (If they ever get to use the letter M it will have to be storm Mrs. Woody, but then again I have experienced many of those when I have done something wrong so I know what will be arriving!), the vehicle has gone light with ironically enough a coat of Dark Yellow! However what I had not known when selecting the paints from the WMD Store was that the Dark Yellow bottle was nearly empty as was the supposed full spare! Luckily I had a bottle of Desert Yellow which I used as a base to the Dark Yellow. It might all sound a bit strange (like me!) but it worked.

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär",

All the wheels and the hubs were also painted at the same time.

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär",

With the wheels painted I took the opportunity to paint the tyres which I believe are a steel tyre rather then a rubber tyre. Whatever they are they got painted with Vallejo Grey and look like the kit box art!

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär",

Next stage is to get some green and brown on the body which should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment