Search this blog

Friday, January 5, 2024

Weathering or petina?

Much as Mrs. Woody says I am weathered as I grow older, I like to think of it more as gaining a patina as they seem to say on many of the restoration programes on TV these days! In the case of the Italeri Kangaroo APC build the interior didn't have any patina or weathering following my earlier painting so I had to add some before I finally glue the upper and lower hull parts together. I could have done the work with the two halves glued together but it was just easier to access everything with them apart. Working smarter not harder as I get older even if I am weathered!

My weathering/patina creating was down to these powders applied with a soft brush and then streaked by using the cotton buds in a downward motion on the vertical surfaces and in  random circular pattern on the floor. The polished metal pigment was used on the floor areas as the material used in the vehicle is a chequered plate. The upper parts of the chequer pattern would have the paint worn off by being walked on and a polished surface would result unless left for a long period when rust would form. However, lets not get too complicated! 

Italeri Kangaroo APC

After a couple of hours this is what the two parts looked like.

Italeri Kangaroo APC

With the application of a coat of matt varnish to seal in the powders the interior is looking ....weathered or patinaed depending on your preference!

Italeri Kangaroo APC

Italeri Kangaroo APC

Italeri Kangaroo APC

Italeri Kangaroo APC

Once permeantly glued together the exterior can be painted, decaled and then weathered/patinaed!

No comments:

Post a Comment