Search this blog

Friday, January 12, 2024

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil!

I had to look twice at the WMD HQ fish tank last night. Never seen the three fish lined up like this just resting on the gravel on the bottom of the tank being still and looking just like a fish based illustration of the three monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil! They were probably just observing the World outside of their watery home just to make sure that there are no cats about and perhaps reminding me that the tank glass needs cleaning just like Mrs. Woody does! Made me smile anyway - the fish not Mrs. W! Maybe I shouldn't have written that bit as Mrs. W does indeed make me smile!

Talking of the bottom of the tank, my attention turned to the bottom of the Italeri Kangaroo APC and specifically the tracks. These are the rubber type that require gluing together and stretching across the wheels to fit. Never my favorite but they will have to do. Firstly I had to glue the ends together and Italeri recommended using superglue and just as I do with Mrs. Woody's recommendations I followed it to the letter! With the tracks glued and dry I then undercoated them with some Vallejo grey paint.


Italeri Kangaroo APC

Once dry a coat of Vallejo Rust paint was lightly airbrushed over the grey. It makes a great base for further weathering.

Italeri Kangaroo APC

Talking of, See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, the three, not included in box, kit figures had some further flesh tone airbrushed on and a first coat of karki paint which looks glossy as it is still wet in the picture. It probably would be evn wetter if they were in the fish tank. However, why upset the fish with these somewhat creepy looking characters. I am looking forward to being able to put their helmets on and get away from the ScFi Horror looking flat heads!

Italeri Kangaroo APC

With things waiting to dry I think I will go and see if dinner is ready with my best See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil look!

Italeri Kangaroo APC

No comments:

Post a Comment