Search this blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The big build starts!

As I eluded to yesterday this is a big kit for a 1/35th scale military vehicle and one which I have started. It is the, to give it the full title from the Trumpeter kit box, a Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär", Basically a prototype that never went into production of an anti- tank gun firing a 30.5cm shell or a one foot diameter shell for those like me who are old school! Basically a shell of that size hitting a tank even without exploding is going to do some serious damage. 

Anyway the finished model won't be firing any shells but is never the less an interesting build even at these early stages. I have started with the lower hull, as per the instructions, and constructed what I presume is some sort of stabilising/recoil absorbing  device that was fitted to the hull.

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär",

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär",

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Only 300 plus parts to build of which I have so far done 27 so a fair way to go yet!

I am still working away on finishing weathering the Italeri Kangaroo APC and the three figures. I did find two rifles on the sprue from which the figures came so two of the figures will gain these and look as though their postures are a little more meaningful. Their uniforms have certainly toned down with a couple of washes of dilute black paint and with the helments now attached to their heads they do look a bit less SiFi Horror. My figure painting skills are such that these are models best looked at from a distance but I am pleased with how they are coming out.

,Italeri Kangaroo APC,

 


No comments:

Post a Comment