Search this blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Lets add some colour!

Having taken Mrs. Woody out for lunch earnt me some Man Cave Time points so with sirbrush in hand I took on the large size Trumpeter L/15 Mörser and spent a few hours putting the brown and green camouflage colours on to the upper hull of the vehicle. Not one of my greatest successes though as the airbrush created a great deal of splatter that I just could not cure so the Dark Yellow areas looked a little as though they had been been subject to a poor restoration at a back street body shop. The edges of the green and brown areas were also a little 'fuzzy'. I decided I needed to try masking tape to get a sharper edge so I applied some, marking where the boundary was that I could see through the tape and removed it to cut to shape on the cutting mat. Unfortunately removal not only removed the masking tape but a fair chunk of the already applied paint and undercoat leaving large expanses of bare plastic! At the time I was that surprised that I forgot to take a photo or of the rectification work of sanding the edges smooth and applying fresh paint. However, repairs were achieved and the use of paintbrushes has tidied up the edges and splatter areas! 

So what does it now look like? Well here it is: -

Trumpeter Grille30 30.5cm(Grw) L/15 Mörser "Bär",

It looks too 'fresh from the paintshop' at the moment, but some toning down and weathering will assist in making it look a bit less colourful!

No comments:

Post a Comment