Search this blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Damm good thrashing!

Its been a busy, but non model making, day here at WMD! Probably best with my frustration with the tracks of the Trumpeter L/15 Mörser "Bär" that I highlighted in yesterdays post. I was reminded of my frustration as I looked at a present (in the picture below) given to me by Mrs. Woody some years ago when she bought it off a second hand stall (or as they are now seemingly known as pre-loved stalls!) when we visited a show somewhere years ago. Those of you who recall the Fawlty Towers series on TV with John Cleese starring as Basil Fawlty may recall in one episode he had car troubles. His mechanical abilities limited, he threatens to give it a Damm good thrashing! Having finally lost it with the car breaking down for the umpteenth time, he rips off a branch from a tree and then proceeds to use it to thrash the car. The model issued by Corgi records that moment and I think it captures it well. Needless to say it didn't fix the car but probably made him feel better which I am wondering if I would feel if I gave the L/15 Mörser "Bär" a thrashing! Probably not but Mrs. W would find it amusing!

Basil Fawlty


No comments:

Post a Comment