Search this blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

A minor monumental moment or two!

In the ranking of monumental moments, mine are fairly insignificant in the making of the history of the World, but never the less to me they are still a significant and indeed monumental moment! Mrs. Woody is still waiting for the monumental moment that all the jobs on her job list for me are done but that is a moment that is perhaps some time off! However with respect to my 00 gauge Last Great Project Layout the monumental moment or two are that firstly all the holes for the point motors have now been completed and secondly all the track underlay is now glued in place (well apart from a two small parts for the two lead off points on the edge of the layout but until I figure out exactly what I am doing with them they will have to wait).

The last two point point motor holes were cut in my usual way of making out where the tie bar is with the hole in it for the point motor pin that comes up from under the baseboard. A series of holes were then drilled.

My Last Great Project

The line of holes were then joined together by using a craft knife and then by using a file the resulting hole was tidied up.

My Last Great Project

This is the minor monumental moment when the last hole was cut!

My Last Great Project

I needed 24 copper clad sleepers so these were cut to length and then tinned with solder where the rail was to be soldered.

My Last Great Project

The plastic sleepers were then stripped from the rail where the copper clad sleepers were to be glued to the baseboard. With that done the sopper clad sleepers were super glued into place.

My Last Great Project

That is the second minor monumental moment with all the track underlay now in place.

There is a danger that fairly soon yet another minor monumental moment may arise with possibly all the track laid and fastened in place but don't hold your breath! In the meantime I need to solder the track to the copper clad sleepers and add some wiring.

My Last Great Project


No comments:

Post a Comment