Search this blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Avoiding a short circuit!

 With the hump issue sorted and the thinner sub bases glued in place the copper clad strip needed to be cut through at specific points to avoid short circuits. It was far easier to do this off the bench but I had sensibly marked out where the tracks would go. This gave me a guide as to where to cut through the copper.

My Last Great Project

The copper is not that thick but it still takes a bit of effort with the saw to cut through it to the plastic base under it.

My Last Great Project

All the joints cut and with the multi meter I made sure that the there were not going to be any short circuits when finally in place and the track soldered on to it  - I hope! This is all time consuming work  and to be honest getting a bit tedious and mine numbing but doing a an hour or so each day means that the project moves on - even if it is at glacial speed! 

My Last Great Project


No comments:

Post a Comment