Search this blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Isolated!

With the hump issue sorted and the thinner sub bases glued in place the pre-pared copper clad strip was superglued on top and I was ready to solder some track!

Being lazy I also used the opportunity to solder the power feed wires to the copper clad strip rather than the rail itself. All this will be hidden from normal view so the cosmetics of it don't matter too much. However, much as I may feel isolated in my Man Cave, Mrs. Woody only visits on rare occasions for some reason, I was sufficiently thinking ahead to put some isolating track joiners in place. I need to be able to isolate the loops as once they are covered and out of sight I need some way of knowing that the train has stopped! 

My Last Great Project

Cutting wires to length they were prepared to be soldered in one go with the rail when it is soldered.

My Last Great Project

Half way through soldering the four tracks the wires are soldered in place and need to be pulled through from under the baseboard.

My Last Great Project

Looks a bit neater with the wires pulled through.

My Last Great Project

All tracks soldered and wires in place. Just need to put some track power feeds in the middle of the loops and then repeat the process at the other end of the baseboard not forgetting the isolating rail joiners or the loops wont be isolated!

My Last Great Project


No comments:

Post a Comment