Search this blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Being Curious!

This box caught my eye as I walked out of the Bingham Model railway exhibition. It was the end of the day on the last day so there was not much left but there was something about the description on the box, wired for chip but no chip  and that low price which made me curious!

Bachmann USA 44 Ton Switcher

It was a 44 ton switcher as the box confirmed.

Bachmann USA 44 Ton Switcher

This was inside.

Bachmann USA 44 Ton Switcher

Even has a driver.

Bachmann USA 44 Ton Switcher

So, my curiosity as to exactly what was meant by the description on the box was raised even further. Luckily the seller was on the stand and confirmed that the only thing wrong with this never run model is that he was going to use the chassis for a kit built body but that did not work out but he had cut the wires to fit a DCC chip but had never done the final work. Well that final bit of work is exactly what I would be doing to this model anyway so for the bargain price of £25 this came home with me!

Bachmann USA 44 Ton Switcher

Whilst actually in the show I came across the guy who does the resin prints that I bought some of at the Sleaford Mode Makers Show last year. He is expanding his range and all profits go to the Lincs Air Ambulance so a great cause to support as I told Mrs. Woody as I selected these items!

The narrow boat will go on my 009 narrow gauge layout Chalkdon. 

Bingham model rail exhibition

These line side telephones will go on my 00 gauge layout.

Bingham model rail exhibition

This rather nice crane will probably also go on Chalkdon.

Bingham model rail exhibition

As will this gantry crane.

Bingham model rail exhibition

 Lots more projects to complete for me then! I really should not be so curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment