Search this blog

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Are their tigers in there?

A second day this week at the Rocks By Rail Museum and I can confirm there are no tigers in the Sundew drag line excavator cab but there are these tiger orange electrical components now adorning the wall making the cab look a lot more interesting thanks to Rob

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rob is continuing his wizardry with the exterior of the cab preparing it for a repaint in preparation for its celebration this year. It is the 50th anniversary of Sundews Greta Walk when it walked from Exton quarry in Rutland to Corby. The story is on the Museum Facebook page and you can see it by clicking here.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Are their tigers in there? That is what someone asked me today at the Rocks By Rail Museum as I battled to get the mower through the somewhat thick and over long grass. There may not have been tigers but there was an assortment of largish tree branches lurking, hidden in the grass.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Back in the comfort of WMD HQ where I could rest my mower battered body, things move on slowly with the 00gauge layout. The last of the track underlay on this section of baseboard has been glued down. One of the issues with glue is that you have to wait for it to dry and unlike instantons superglue, PVA takes some time to dry! At least it gives my body some time to recover from the mowing unless Mrs. woody finds a job for me to do!

My Last Great Project







No comments:

Post a Comment