Search this blog

Friday, April 12, 2024

Gauging it!

 As I progress with the track laying and wiring of my 00 gauge layout those little red sticks have come out again! But before they could I had to finish gluing some track underlay and wiring some more track.

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

With that done it was time to glue the track in place and as glue does make later adjustment just about impossible without breaking something - my heart and wallet usually - I needed to make sure that things were right. The eyeball is usually good at seeing slight deviations but these track gauges also help. 

My Last Great Project

If you look at any real railway track it will never be absolutely straight so I am not worried too much about a slight kink but at least I should end up with something that doesn't look as though it was laid whilst wearing a blindfold!

With the track glued and in place I used some pieces of plywood to spread the weight of some suitable heavy objects to keep the track flat.

My Last Great Project

If I am gauging it right I might actually get to run a train soon and hope that it runs without derailing on my straight and flat track! 


No comments:

Post a Comment