Search this blog

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Track and glue!

Back to sorting the sidings out on my 00 gauge layout. More wiring is needed, in fact a lot more wiring as this shot shows - 24 wires!

My Last Great Project

I am soldering the wires along with the rails to the copper clad sleepers - makes sense to combine one soldered joint.
My Last Great Project

Before soldering the rails and wires I applied PVA glue where the track would lie.

My Last Great Project

I did manage to solder three of the tracks - its slow work!

My Last Great Project

To ensure the glued track stays in place a few weights were added and the load spread over the track with some scrap pieces of plywood.

My Last Great Project

Hopefully the rest of the soldering should be finished in the next day or so then it is onto the four loops at the back of the board.


No comments:

Post a Comment