Search this blog

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Boy, is it cold today - 1 degree and 1 percent!

A few days ago in the balmy weather of the New Year holiday I was cycling in shorts. Today I was covered all over in several layers but it was so cold cycling. I should have perhaps realised how cold it was by the fact that none of the cats wanted to go out and Tim the postman who delivered another package for Mrs. W looked as though he was going on an Artic trip. It was supposed to be 1 degree Celsius but felt more like -10 with the wind chill.  Even trying to go faster to get warm was not much use with a strong headwind! However now 56 miles into this years target of 5200 so that's just over 1%! 

Having got home and warmed up I had an hour in my Man Cave AKA The Room of Gloom and continued with the platform build started yesterday. Luckily there is a heater so I could bask in some warmth whilst working. However it can not be that warm in there as the model water resin has still not dried - yes I poked it again! Some progress on the platform with about three quarters done now. As you can see in the photos the strips of balsa are glued to the card sub-base having been cut to the rough length needed and then cut to shape later. As I said yesterday I am not sure if this will look right but its growing on me. Worked stopped short of finishing it off as with Mrs W's return imminent I had to get onto cooking duties! Enchiladas for dinner if it all goes well or beans on toast if it doesn't! If it is beans on toast I can guarantee a frosty time from Mrs. W!

009 narrow gauge layout

009 narrow gauge layout


No comments:

Post a Comment