Search this blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Hush, Hush!

Many people tell me to hush or even hush, hush if I m particularly loud but in this case hush, hush related to something that came in the post today from The Model Centre. I will probably need to keep its arrival hush, hush from Mrs. Woody but as she occasionally reads this blog to find out exactly what I have been up to it won't be hush, hush for too long! Hush, hush is actually the name given to the LNER Class W1 locomotive which was a secretly developed prototype fitted with a high pressure water boiler. Not only were the mechanics unusual but the body was too with a very unusual shape at the time. It was also the only 4-6-4 tender locomotive to run in the UK. There is a lots more technical and historical description on Wikipedia which you can see by clicking here. 

Hornby have now released a model of it and having had this on pre-order for a while it arrived today.


Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush


Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush

I have not had a chance to run it yet but hopefully I will be able to do that in a hush, hush operation in the next few days but it does look gorgeous!

On the Heller Scania141 LB front I have finished the engine with the various exhaust and turbo pipework added which makes it look a whole lot more interesting. Despite this kit not having the best fitting parts these parts went together remarkably well. I could say it was down to the skills of the modeler but I have been the only one building this!

Heller Scania 141 LB,

Heller Scania 141 LB,

Now for some hush as I plan how best to start painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment