Search this blog

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Sunday Sprays.

It is Sunday. It is slightly warmer. Mrs Woody is upstairs playing a computer game. That means it is ideal to do some paint spraying which is useful as I have a model to paint! The Heller Scania 141 LB got some serious attention from my airbrush today and although there is still more painting to do it is really beginning to come together - even if I have to balance parts on top of each other to see what the cab will look like! Tamiya dark blue and yellow were the paints of choice for my airbrush - well actually the paint stores at WMD HQ are beginning to look somewhat bare so there was not much choice even if I had wanted different colours! More supplies will have to be ordered soon!

Spraying takes time, especially with a chassis where there are so many less than accessible areas to paint and each need two or three coats. All in all the parts below needed about three hours spent on them just to get to this stage. The chassis needs a coat of semi-gloss varnish which I think is in stock. The cab is in an undercoat yellow so needs a gloss top coat followed by a gloss varnish both of which are in stock as I have already found them and secured them in a safe easily forgotten place!

In the meantime as I rack my brain as to where I put those paints this is what the model looks like at the moment in the warmth of the kitchen.

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

As a final note and just in case Mrs. W reads this, no kitchens were harmed in the painting of this model!

No comments:

Post a Comment