Search this blog

Friday, January 28, 2022

Friday is pizza day!

A long time tradition at WMD HQ is that Friday is pizza day. Not many Fridays when pizza does not pass my lips and today was no different with a very nice pizza in the company of some wonderful relatives and a time to talk and observe! Strangely enough with all the things going on in the World much of the chat was about Mrs. Woody's interest in watching and reading murder mysteries and how this may affect my long term future and pizza consumption! However, in my favour is the long list of jobs that Mrs. W has for me to do and at the glacial rate I complete them I should be safe for a while yet!

On that assumption and while Mrs. W was watching another episode of Vera I pottered out to the man cave AKA The Room of Gloom and had an hour or so doing a bit more on the chassis and engine of the Italeri Scania Streamline 143H. After yesterdays cut and shut job by the expert bodgers engineers here at WMD HQ I am pleased to report that the shortened and rejoined chassis rails look reasonably straight and level. I won't fully know until I get to the stage of putting the wheels on it to see if it has all worked out. Most of the chassis cross members are in place and the front suspension springs have been attached. I have to admit the springs are truck kits are the worse part of the kit for me. They have a very prominent mould line along the whole of the casting and this needs to be removed. Because of all the way that the springs are made up of individual leafs the whole process is time consuming and fiddly  but it has to be done.

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

It is interesting to compare the chassis for this truck with the Scania 141 LB that I also have on the go at the moment. You can certainly see the brand similarities. 

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

Hopefully by next Friday's pizza this chassis may be finished or then again I may be finished! 

No comments:

Post a Comment