Search this blog

Monday, January 10, 2022

You can't see the join!

You can't see the join is something that decorators are praised for when they hang wallpaper or if you remember far enough back was Eric Morecambe's classic jibe at Ernie Wise who he thought had a taupe. For me though and most modelers hiding the join between the plastic parts of a kit is essential in achieving a good quality model. As I highlighted in yesterdays post the chassis to this kit is unusual in that it is made up of a lower and upper half. I glued those together yesterday and left them to set with some weights on top to get a nice flat and level chassis. That seems to have worked as I examined it today but I shuddered at the joint line which would need an awful lot of work to disguise. The engine block and rear axle were not much better. 

Heller Scania 141 LB

In between sanding and scraping the various joints, I did fit a few more engine components so that is progressing. Most of the outer joint on the chassis has been eliminated but there are places where some filler is required so a few dabs of Deluxe Material Perfect Plastic Putty were added and have been left to set. 

Heller Scania 141 LB

It may look a bit of a mess at the moment but just like me it will improve in appearance with some further preparation! That is what I tell Mrs. Woody anyway!

Model Water update - Still not set! Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment