Search this blog

Sunday, January 30, 2022

On the level!

Mrs.Woody thinks it is time for a new kitchen. I put the kitchen in back in 1992 and apart from a change in worktops and floor it is much as it was back then. Nobody can charge me of being a slave to kitchen fashion much to Mrs.W's disappointment! However it is looking dated and tired just like me. As I explained to Mrs. W you can update and renew the kitchen but you can't do the same with me! 

No doubt we have a long journey to go on with this particular project but having had a look at a show room today I found that there was a branch of Hobby Craft just round the corner who sell a few model making things including Tamiya paint and cement. Although they did not have much in stock they did have the colours I wanted  together with the cement so stocks at WMD HQ are now replenished.

Tamiya paints

Back at HQ and with thoughts of the likely scale of a kitchen rebuild project I had time to relax whilst putting the front axle of the Scania 143 H together. A few problems related to a rather vague drawing on the instructions, a couple of contributions to he swear jar as I had to unpiece parts already glued and a  bit of head scratching eventually had it together correctly. Having it on the chassis meant that the work of the WMD HQ Bodge Division on the chassis shortening and how accurate that was could be tested. The wheels and tires were temporarily put together and with a wheels on all the axles I am pleased to say the the Bodge Division did well with all wheels touching the ground! I did put the chassis of the Scania 141LB alongside for comparison which shows the additional length the third axle gives to the chassis.

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

Italeri Scania Streamline 143H

There is some work still to do on the steering linkages and various air and fuel tanks need adding as well as the engine needing to be finished but this is almost becoming a tandem build with the Heller Scania 141 LB. I will do my level best to complete both!


No comments:

Post a Comment