Search this blog

Thursday, January 20, 2022

The painting begins!

This is where the build of the Heller Scania 141 LB slows down a lot as the paint begins to go on. You need to prepare parts, undercoat them, top coat and then wait to dry. Some parts have to be painted before being assembled further and it can all become a little like a chess board as you plan what parts need painting and when. Despite my scatter gun brain I do have a plan - almost - and I have started with the engine and a few other parts. The engines on Scania trucks are generally painted in green when they are assembled in the factory and so that is what I went with despite the instructions telling me it should be red.

First off the engine was primed in my favorite Vallejo black primer after which it was then painted in green - in this case a bottle of Vallejo Russian Green was to hand so that is what I used.

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

The engine still needs some detailed painting with the exhaust pipes, inlet manifolds and turbo needing attention as well as the fan blades needing to be added.

I have also primed the exhaust pipe, the fan blades and the underside of the floor pan. All this will dry over night and hopefully tomorrow a bit more painting will take place.

Heller Scania 141 LB


No comments:

Post a Comment