Search this blog

Friday, January 21, 2022

Hush, Hush, lets do some more painting!

A bit more time to have a look at the Hornby LNER Class W1 Hush Hush today and it is a real stunning model. I just need to put a DCC chip in it and then it will be hauling trains. In the mean time I will just enjoy the beauty of this model.

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush

Having spent far too much time admiring the Hush Hush I made a bit more progress on the Heller Scania 141 LB priming some more parts having fettled a few of them. The wheels in particular needed some attention. The ventilation holes were not actually holes! They were just small depressions in the moulding so some time with a pin vice and drill had these opened up to proper holes which looked a whole (pun intended) better!

Heller Scania 141 LB

Heller Scania 141 LB

My usual method of fastening small parts to be painted onto a board with masking tape folded over itself followed.

Heller Scania 141 LB

Once one side is painted and dry the parts are turned over so that all the exposed surfaces get a coat of primer. After a couple of hours I have this pile of parts on my workbench.

Heller Scania 141 LB

Almost looks like a truck assembly plant but I will stay hush, hush about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment