Search this blog

Friday, January 7, 2022

Tidy Friday!

 

Last nights cooking experiment in enchiladas surprisingly went well with Mrs. Woody enjoying the products of my usually limited culinary skills! A' That was nice' is praise. I will have to see if tonight's pizza hits the same level of endorsement. 

Before creating a Woody HQ fully loaded pizza I did have a chance to finally finish construction of the  platform for my narrow gauge layout. I am getting to the point of think it may well work out. It just needs a few things on top to make it a bit more interesting - just like the pizza I am going to make!

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

Next stage is to do some sanding/painting/weathering.

Sitting back to admire the work and consider possible pizza toppings - I understand that in Brazil green peas are a favoured topping together with quail eggs, carrots, beetroot and raisins - that Mrs. W would find appetising, I became aware of just how untidy my workbench was. It was at a stage where you really could no longer see the base so it was time to give it a tidy on a Friday. 

A tidying session usually reveals long lost treasures that had been searched for and given up on. In amongst todays finds was an 00 gauge loco crew, some chain, several files and 58 pence in coins! Well the new found wealth is not going to change my life style but I was looking for the loco crew and chain some time ago so at least they are now uncovered and put safely away in a place that I will remember today and forget tomorrow! However the main point is that I have a relatively clear bench which should make life easier for the short time it remains that way. 

model making workbench

Its almost so clean you could make a pizza on it! Just joking Mrs. W if you are reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment